Effective Date May 24, 2018
Information We Collect
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO GLAUKOS
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
Like many websites, Glaukos and its third party service providers use a variety of automatic detection tools such as cookies, embedded web links, pixel tags, Flash cookies, and web beacons, to passively collect certain information about your use of and visits to our Websites. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your authentication information, the type of device used, the web browser and operating system used to access our Websites, the time and duration of your visits, your search queries, and information about the content and webpages you view and the features you access on a Website. This information helps us better understand the use and effectiveness of our Websites and is in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual, however, much of this information is considered Personal Data as defined below.
Below is more information about some of those technologies and how they work:
- Other local storage. Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage are similar to cookies in that they can be stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. These objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, however. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager (click to open a new window).
- Web beacons. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- to help us develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Websites and our other products, services, and offerings;
- to provide you with information you request or respond to inquiries we receive from you or your company or organization;
- to analyze how users use our Websites and related analysis, research, reporting, and troubleshooting as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend legal rights, privacy, safety or property, whether our own or that of employees or agents or others; and
- with your separate consent, to provide you with promotional materials, relevant content and advertisements, surveys, newsletters, questionnaires, and other materials; and to comply with applicable law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
To the extent consistent with applicable law, we will share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Reorganization of Glaukos. In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of a business or assets to a third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation.
- With Your Consent. We may share your information when you or your company or organization consent to or request such sharing. Among other things, when you provide information through the “Find an iStent Physician” function on our Websites, we may disclose the information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, or to health care providers in your area in order to put you in touch with clinicians.
As Glaukos is a global organization, the information you provide will be transferred to Glaukos or a third party in the United States of America, which does not have similar data protection legislation and may provide a lower level of protection for your information. By using our Websites and providing us with your personal information, where applicable law permits, you consent to such transfers, as well as the processing, and storage of such information outside your country of residence.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Websites may contain links or references to third-party owned or operated websites or online services. Glaukos is not responsible for the collection of personal information or the security or privacy of any such third party sites or services. Likewise, Glaukos is not responsible for the collection, usage, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any information you disclose to such other organizations through or in connection with our social media pages, any mobile sites, applications, widgets, and other mobile interactive features. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on the websites you visit.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
The security of your information is important to us. We follow security standards to protect the information submitted to us from unauthorized access, loss, interference, misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction, both during transmission and once we receive it. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is guaranteed to be completely secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We also maintain reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current. If you have any questions about data security and integrity on our Websites, you can contact us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
OPT-OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You will only receive information about our products and services and special offers from us if you specifically request it. At any time after making such a request, you can let us know that you no longer wish to receive such information by contacting us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you are emailing us, please place “Opt-Out Request” in your email subject line.
CHILDREN’S INFORMATION (APPLIES ONLY TO U.S. USERS)
The Websites are intended to be used by adults and corporate entities interested in Glaukos. It is not intended for children, and Glaukos does not knowingly collect or store personal information about anyone under the age of 18.
REVIEWING YOUR INFORMATION
You may review and update the personal information we have collected, including your name, phone number, email and postal address, and other information by which you can be personally identified, about you by contacting us using the details in the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you are emailing us, please place “Information Review Request” in your email subject line. Note, to protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we disclose or make any corrections to such information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding Glaukos’ disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please write to us using the email or mailing address in the “How to Contact Us” section below. However, Glaukos does not disclose personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNAL
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. We do not currently take action in response to those signals. If an industry standard on responding to such signals is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to those signals.
USERS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION
LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING
You are not required, as a necessity to enter into a contract, to provide us with Personal Data for processing as described above.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, considering criteria such as applicable rules on statute of limitations and at least the duration of your use of our Websites and services.
If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your Information, you should inform us of such changes so that our records may be updated or corrected. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (which may be the authority in your country of residence or work) if you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable law.
CHILDREN (APPLIES ONLY TO UK USERS)
The Websites are not directed to children under the age of 16, and children under the age of 16 years of age are not eligible to use the Websites. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect information from people we actually know are under 16 years of age, and no part of our Websites is designed to attract people under 16 years of age. If we later learn that an individual has provided us with their information and they are under 16 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Websites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
229 Avenida Fabricante
San Clemente, CA 92672